Carpet is a popular flooring option for homes because it is warm, inviting, comfortable and feels great on your feet. However, if you are not great about keeping up with regular carpet cleaning from ServiceMaster by Rice, your carpet may be harboring unappealing biomes that are harmful to your and your family’s health. A dirty carpet can be nearly 4,000 times dirtier than your toilet seat and can contain up to 200,000 bacteria and microbes every 2 square inches. Instead of letting all of that dirt and bacteria settle in your carpets, let ServiceMaster by Rice give your carpets a thorough cleaning.
Six Bugs Lurking In Your Carpet:
- Staphylococcus – Also known as staph infection, this bacteria is commonly found in homes with athletes. Whether you’re an athlete yourself or you have kids that are in sports, your carpet might be harboring this germ. Staph can penetrate your carpet from bare feet or athletic shoes that have been in staph-rich environments and can survive in your home for up to one month. This odious bacteria can lead to gruesome skin infections that can cause cellulitis and other harmful skin conditions. Frequent carpet cleaning can help remove staphylococcus from your carpets soon after it reaches your Atlantic, Carroll, Des Moines, Milford, Fort Dodge, Storm Lake, Okoboji, or Fairmont, Minnesota home.
- Campylobacter – This unappealing tummy bug is another bacteria commonly found in dirty carpet. Have you or your family ever been stricken with the dreaded stomach flu in the winter time? This nasty germ may be the culprit. Campylobacter is commonly found in damp carpet and is usually present in the winter time when families bring wet winter boots and shoes into the home. It can also be found after your home experiences flooding or standing water. The best solution to keep Campylobacter away? Contact ServiceMaster to clean up water damage immediately after it happens.
- Norovirus – Similar to Campylobacter, this virus can also lead to the stomach flu. If you have had any related illness in your family, this virus may be thriving in your carpet. Once everyone in your family is recovering from being sick, make sure to get your carpets professionally cleaned. This will help ensure that the Norovirus is removed.
- Fungi and Mold – Mold and fungus can be a common presence in your carpet. Year round, your carpet faces plenty of wet encounters, be it rain, snow, spills or humid weather. Fungi and mold often fester and grow in carpet that is damp. Some of the common molds and funguses that can be found in your carpet include: Aspergillus, Rhizopus, Alternaria, Geotrichum and Cladosporium. Molds and fungi can lead to skin and respiratory irritation especially in family members who suffer from asthma or allergies. If you notice mold in your home, immediately contact our team of mold removal specialists to mitigate the situation.
- Micrococcus – Though this bacteria is not harmful to most, people with compromised immune systems should beware. Micrococcus can cause harmful skin irritation and infections. Regular carpet cleaning from ServiceMaster can help keep this pest away.
- Salmonella – This household bacteria can saturate your carpet through a number of sources including pets, dirty bathrooms and can even live in your vacuum. Salmonella can lead to unpleasant stomach symptoms including vomiting, diarrhea and fever. Make sure you are keeping up with care of your vacuum during regular carpet cleaning, and bring in our team when you need complete carpet cleaning services.
Servicemaster By Rice – Des Moines, Carroll, and Fort Dodge Carpet Cleaning
How do you steer clear of all of these carpet-borne bugs? Schedule regular carpet cleanings with Servicemaster By Rice. Depending on the traffic in your home, your carpet should be professionally cleaned one to two times a year, with high traffic carpet areas getting cleaned quarterly. For great carpet cleaning services, contact Servicemaster by Rice today! We also provide care for other surfaces in your home including furniture and upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning and area rug cleaning.