Home Emergency Services from ServiceMaster by Rice
When an emergency strikes, the most important thing is your safety. Before anything else, call 911 if you need fire, police, or medical assistance. Once the proper authorities are on their way, contact us to help with the restoration process.
Call ServiceMaster by Rice for Professional Assistance (515-274-9109)
- Stop the source of water intrusion if possible
- Remove wet area rugs
- Remove as many personal items as possible from affected areas
- Prop furniture above the water line – Dry
- Enter a room with standing water until the electricity is shut off
- Use household vacuum for water clean up
- Lift tacked-down carpet without professional assistance
- Disturb visible mold
- If weather permits, air-out the house to reduce odor
- Discard open food packages
- Change the furnace filter
- Protect furniture and other personal belongings from water damage to the extent possible
- Attempt to clean upholstery, walls, woodwork or carpet. Improper techniques and cleaning agents can make matters worse
- Use electrical appliances until they are checked
Damage from Vandalism
- Identify and record all damage
- Take pictures of damage
- Use a shop vacuum to remove broken glass particles from carpet and upholstery
- Blot or scrape debris from carpet or walls – do not rub
- Wash egg or other residues from building exterior
- Use household cleaning products on fabrics, upholstery or carpets
- Attempt to remove chemical stains, including ink or paint
In case of an emergency, ServiceMaster by Rice will:
- Secure the property
- Protect against further damage
- Restore utilities
- Remove obvious hazards
- Work with all contractors, Insurance Companies.
- Develop a complete plan to restore your property and possessions back to their pre-loss state.
Demolition and Cleanup
- Identify what must be replaced or reconstructed
- Tear out non–salvageable items
- Haul away debris
- Dry and otherwise prepare any items for restoration
- Identify what needs to be restored or reconstructed
- Schedule the appropriate skills to address the various items in the proper order:
- Framing and Roofing
- Electrical and Plumbing
- Flooring and Carpets
- Carpentry and Cabinets
- Painting, Drywall and Decorating
Completing a Reconstruction after a Fire Disaster requires the following:
- A comprehensive plan which addresses what must be done and in what order.
- Access to skilled personnel in multiple trades.
- Close coordination with insurance adjusters and property owners.
- Effective, active management of the restoration project.
Remember, ServiceMaster by Rice can help with your restoration needs across Iowa including those in Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Atlantic, Carroll, Storm Lake, Milford, Fort Dodge, Fort Dodge, and Fairmont, Minnesota.