Get rid of odor from smoke damage
Smoke and odor damage is one of the many unfortunate consequences of house fires. Your entire house and all of your possessions contain smoke residue and will smell like it too. Smoke damage can greatly affect the disaster cleanup process because it flows through every open space of your home and infiltrates areas of your home that are hard to reach or clean. Fortunately for you, ServiceMaster by Rice can help get rid of the odor and smoke damage with their state of the art fire damage repair process.
Why choose ServiceMaster by Rice for your smoke and odor damage repair?
We bring a professional, experienced team from your Iowa ServiceMaster to handle the entire smoke and odor damage repair process. When we arrive on the scene we will proceed according to the following procedures:
- Test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. There are several different types of soot:
- Wet smoke residues result from smoldering fires that are of low heat. These residues can be difficult to clean as they are sticky, smeary and pungent.
- Dry smoke residues result from fast burning fires that are of high heat. These residues are in many cases dry, powdery, small, non-smeary particles of smoke.
- Protein residues are almost invisible to the naked eye as they only slightly discolor paints and varnishes. They have an extremely pungent odor though.
- Fuel oil soot is caused by furnace puff backs; they distribute the fuel oil soot throughout the home.
- Other types of residues can also cause damage that requires cleaning; these include tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residue.
- Inspect the property to assess the damage and the repairs that will be needed for restoration.
- We will determine the full extent of the smoke and fire damage. How much and what has been damaged? What is the best way to go about restoring the home? Do you need to relocate personal items during the restoration? This is just the start of the decisions that need to be made during this phase.
- Identify areas that did not receive any damage. Figuring out which areas do not need to be cleaned will save you time and money.
- Pinpoint what items can be restored and what materials will need to be replaced. Can the damaged materials be cleaned and restored or will they need to be replaced.
- We determine the most effective cleaning methods. We will figure out the most effective way to clean and restore the damaged materials.
- Pretest the areas that need to be cleaned and restored to determine which processes we will need to evoke to clean and restore your home. This allows ServiceMaster to focus on saving items and keepsakes for you.
Once we have finished restoration, it will be like it never even happened.